Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro Max is a powerful but pricey update to their ever-popular line of smartphones. However, Apple promises this device is an “easy upgrade for people who want the latest and greatest.”
The iPhone 13 Pro Max comes in six colors, a nice change from the monotone designs of previous iPhones. It features a similar design to the iPhone XS Max, which means it has a 6.5-inch screen, but it’s just as big and bulky.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at $999 with 64 GB of storage, which is twice as much storage as the base price for other models in the new range. And while this may not be a price worth paying if you’re on a budget, buying one will get you access to new features like crisp 4K video recording, Smart HDR photography, and more powerful performance through its custom A13 Bionic chip.
- 8-megapixel wide-angle lens system with optical image stabilization. (The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus didn’t have this feature).
- Health tech tracking features are made possible by the A13 Bionic chip in the iPhone 13 Pro Max. (The iPhone X didn’t have this).
Space Grey, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Midnight Blue, Product Red (Gold).
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Display
6.5-inch OLED HDR display with True Tone lighting and broad color gamut support. The pixel density is 458 pixels per inch.
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Dimensions
It is 6.6 mm thick and weighs 208 grams.
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Operating System
iOS 13 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system.
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Storage
It has 64GB, 256GB, or 512GB of storage options. (The iPhone X only offered 64 GB and 256 GB of storage options.)
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Cameras
It is a 12-megapixel dual-camera system with wide-angle and telephoto lenses and improved portrait mode features. The front-facing camera features a new 7-megapixel sensor with better resolution and more light sensitivity than the iPhone XS Max’s front camera. (The iPhone XS Max is still the best for taking selfies.) There’s a feature called Animoji that uses facial recognition to animate emoji characters based on your face.)
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Battery
You get the same battery size as the iPhone XS Max—a super-powerful 3,174 mAh battery.
iPhone 13 Pro Max: Audio
Apple says it has boosted the phone’s stereo audio output for louder and clearer stereo sound. It also comes with a new DTS-X surround sound system, which can be used with compatible headphones.
- Fast performance with the A13 bionic chip and 6GB of RAM.
- This is faster than the iPhone XS Max, though Apple has yet to publish speed benchmarks for this device (Apple only publishes these test results on their website).
- You also get up to 4 hours more battery life than the iPhone XS Max when using demanding apps like Augmented Reality apps.
- The price.
- The 64GB storage version of the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at $999, which is more expensive than the iPhone XS Max with its 64GB model, even though it has twice as much storage.
- This price is for U.S. customers only, so international buyers will have to pay more for this device if they want one.
- It’s also quite pricey compared to other flagship smartphones today.
Is It Worth Upgrading From 12 Pro Max to the 13 Pro Max?
If you’ve been wondering whether or not it’s worth upgrading from the 12 Pro Max to the 13 Pro Max, here are a few things to consider.
The new camera features different images, including 4K movies and slow-motion videos. It also has a less noisy viewfinder and improved battery life. The downside is that no film processing options are included in the camera.
The resale value of the 12 Pro Max is only about $300, which isn’t too bad considering how powerful it is overall — but at $500 for the 13 Pro Max, this might be too high for an upgrade if you don’t need those extra features.
That’s why we compare the two cameras, and they are almost identical. The camera may be expensive, but the costs decrease when considering the purchase option.
Is it worth paying more for this device? If you’re an Apple fan and want to experience their latest innovations, then yes, you should buy the iPhone 13 Pro Max. It’s a powerful phone that offers some impressive new features. However, if you want to save money on your next smartphone and don’t care about wireless charging, you can save on the iPhone 13 Pro Max by getting one of its predecessors instead (e.g., the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus).