Black cocktail dresses are a classic piece of any woman’s wardrobe. They are perfect for any formal occasion, like a wedding, church, or black-tie event. However, you don’t have to pair your black dress with only black accessories. The dark hue goes well with many other colors as well. So, for example, you can wear your black dress with gold heels and red lipstick for an edgy look or even add blue jeans and a white top for a more casual vibe.
But we all know that no matter what outfit you wear with your black dress, you need one thing to bring the whole thing together—a pair of the perfect heels.
Black Heels for Black Dresses
As we have already said, black cocktail dresses look great with just about any color of shoes. However, nothing works better than a pair of black heels if you want to create a fully balanced look. Black shoes are a classic choice for women’s formal wear. They go well with every skin tone, hair color, and eye color, producing a consistent and polished aesthetic.
What’s more, a pair of black heels are an excellent choice if you want to draw attention to the upper part of your body. For example, with a black cocktail dress, the focus will be on your legs, arms, and neck. With black heels, however, it will be on your legs and your behind.
What Type of Heel Should You Wear?
A tall stiletto heel is your best option to create a bold look and draw attention to your outfit. If, on the other hand, you are after a more demure and classic look, then a pump with a low or medium heel is the way to go. You can also try a peep-toe heel, creating a sexy and playful style. But if you are after a slightly edgy look but still appropriate for any event, then studded heels are your best bet.
Ankle Strap Black Heels
Ankle strap heels are versatile and can be worn with almost any outfit, including a black cocktail dress. These heels are usually simple, made from one or two straps that wrap around your foot and the top of your ankle, and a small and sturdy heel. Because these heels are simple, they can be worn for any occasion, from a casual date to a fancy work meeting.
These heels’ versatility and ability to go with any outfit make them incredibly popular and an excellent choice for many women. Ankle strap heels are also significant if you want to draw attention to your legs. The straps crisscrossing your ankles will make them look longer and more attractive.
Platform Black Heels
These high-platform black heels look edgy and can be worn with almost any outfit, including a black cocktail dress. The key to wearing these heels with formal attire is to make sure that you match the height of the heel. For example, don’t wear a high-heel platform with a short cocktail dress. Besides matching the size of the heels to your other clothes, you should also make sure that they fit the overall tone of your outfit. For example, you can wear a black platform heel with almost any dress, but it is much better if you pick a darker shade of black.
Pointed-toe Black Heels
These heels look both elegant and edgy at the same time, making them an excellent choice for a black cocktail dress. Pick a pointed-toe pump with a low or medium heel to wear these heels with a black cocktail dress. Make sure that the shoe’s color matches your dress’s color. The pointed toe on these heels makes them perfect for formal attire, giving them a more sophisticated and classy look. The pointed toe also makes the shoes an excellent choice for those who want to maintain a longer leg line.
Buckle Strap Black Heels
Buckle strap heels are trendy and fabulous for a black cocktail dress. These heels are designed to look like loafers but have thick and sturdy soles. They come in various colors, so you can pick a pair that goes well with your black cocktail dress. Buckle strap heels are versatile and can be worn with almost any outfit, from a casual date outfit to a formal work meeting. The versatility of these heels makes them very popular and an excellent choice for many women.
What goes best with a black dress?
A little black dress may take you from the desk to dinner easily and is the basis for countless outfit combinations—Master the art of dressing up the little black dress for any event. A simple black dress will do the trick in nearly any climate or social situation. Use these wardrobe suggestions to get the most wear out of your little black dress:
- Dress casually throughout the warmer months. While brighter hues are the norm for summer attire, a strapless black dress, and white sneakers make for a chic yet relaxed ensemble. Just sling a tote bag over your shoulder and don a sun hat, and you’ll be set for a day at the beach or shopping at the farmers’ market.
- Dress it up for the office by throwing on a blazer and leggings. The little black dress is versatile enough to be worn to the office. Pair booties with tights and a jacket for a casual business workplace to look professional in a black dress. Conservative necklines on dresses are the most appropriate for the office.
- Wear a leather jacket if you plan on going out at night. Similar to how black dresses look good on everyone, you may use a leather jacket to create a one-of-a-kind casual look by being paired with a vibrantly colored dress.
- If you’re going on a date, dress up. Wear a black midi dress with heels and some sparkly jewelry for a formal event or a night out on the town.
- Wear a pair of knee-high boots to round off your outfit. Numerous footwear options will complement your black cocktail dress. Wearing knee-high boots with a shorter midi dress is a terrific way to transition from the warmer months into the cooler months when the weather permits.
Black cocktail dresses look incredible when paired with black heels. The dark hue of the dress and the shoes is a great combination that produces a classic and stylish look. These shoes can be worn for any occasion, from a casual date to a fancy work meeting.
That being said, you should always ensure that the heels you choose are appropriate for the occasion. To ensure that your outfit looks its best, you cannot go without a pair of the best heels for black dresses. So make sure you pick the perfect pair for your outfit, and remember to wear the highest pair of heels you can manage.